The rumors have been confirmed true. There will be a spinoff of Minecraft as Mojang and Telltale Games will create Minecraft: Story Mode. This story mode will be a narrative based on the original Minecraft game and the first episode will be released this year. This new spinoff will be available on multiple devices such as the Xbox, PlayStation, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.

This has been confirmed as Telltale stated: 'As 2014 comes to a close, we are delighted to confirm our partnership with Mojang to create a new episodic game series based on one of the most popular video games in history - Minecraft. We’re not intending on creating an official story for [character] Steve, or explaining the world of Minecraft in detail,' stated Mojang. 'It will be a cool game. Set in the world of Minecraft, the series will feature an original story, driven by player choice. It will not be an add-on for Minecraft, but rather a separate standalone product that will premiere in 2015 on consoles, computers and mobile devices.'

It will have 'entirely original Minecraft experience, inspired by the Minecraft community and the game that continues to inspire a generation.'

Markus Persson, who originally created Minecraft, sold the game to Microsoft in September. Mr Persson left the company right after the deal was completed.

Mr Persson made this statement: 'I'm leaving Mojang. A relatively long time ago, I decided to step down from Minecraft development. Jens [Bergensten] was the perfect person to take over leading it, and I wanted to try to do new things.I was at home with a bad cold a couple of weeks ago when the internet exploded with hate against me over some kind of EULA situation that I had nothing to do with. I was confused. I didn’t understand. I tweeted this in frustration.'

'In one sense, it belongs to Microsoft now. In a much bigger sense, it’s belonged to all of you for a long time, and that will never change. It’s not about the money. It’s about my sanity.'

Comments

Pleasant Facts share. I like your publish.

04/02/2015 11:15pm

What a great competition to hold. Thanks for keeping us up to date. I just went through some of your previous posts and now following you on Twitter and FB Fan Page. Keep up the great work. Thanks

11/04/2015 1:37am

Gamers remain active about the news what is happening in the world of games. Some rumors are spread by people which don't have any fact but I think such game will be find in future. I personally like computer gaming very much and your source is doing perfect job for this :)

03/17/2016 4:43pm

This website is just great. It provides prices of different games and I really love it a lot. I buy many games from it.

04/06/2016 11:30am

Kids are very precious gift of nature for all of us. Once upon a time when we were kids and got a lot of love from our parents and elder relatives.

04/06/2016 11:31am

After playing games it was very pleasant for us to stay fit and healthy so we have to play game every time.

04/06/2016 11:32am

If the study is necessary for the acknowledgment in life then the playing games is also necessary for active mind.

05/30/2016 9:08am

Our Minecraft map of Britain, created using our digital map products, consists representing over 220000 square kilometres of mainland Great Britain.

12/29/2016 1:06am

I am grateful to you in light of the way that your article is astoundingly critical for me to proceed with my examination in same zone. Your refered to blueprints are all that much essential to my examination field.This is phenomenal! It truly shows to me where to develop my online journal. I verify that at last on I may attempt to make a book to oblige my web journal, yet we will see.Good post with steady tips and considerations.